Is your laptop not connecting to wifi? there are varieties of reasons why, it might hardware or software issue, but alas, the good news is that you can get fixed by yourself.
Keep reading this guide if you really want to know why, and the easiest ways to fix it. This topic show you exactly Why Your Laptop isn’t Connecting To The Wifi, and What You Should Do to resolve wifi and laptop issues.
And please if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section, we are more than happy to get back to them all at selffixes.com, so without any further ado, let get to understand what can be the cause of the wifi issue on your laptop.
Why My Laptop isn’t Connecting To The Wifi, What Should I Do?
The reasons why your laptop is not connecting to wifi is the fact that; probably Wifi is turned OFF on your device, your laptop not connecting because it’s in airplane mode, maybe your laptop does not support the wifi network you are trying to connect to, a laptop might not connect if router/hotspot is not working or down, another reason is that if you are too far from the router.
How To Fix Laptop That Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi
Here is how to fix a laptop that won’t connect to WiFi, this is what has happened to me time and time again, but I always have it fix-up by myself.
One day I was working on my laptop then I had a quick break, when I came back and open up my laptop again, then I found out the laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Here are the common easiest way I use to resolve this issue, you can follow the same guide to fix this problem, these tips will work for all laptops no matter whether you are using Mac or windows.
This video Here Show You How To Fix Laptop Wifi Not Conecting Ejoy<<
Easiest Way To Fix Laptop Not Connect To Wi-Fi
What should you do if your laptop not connecting to wifi? here is the first easier and common thing to do, if your laptop won’t connect to wifi.
Solution 1.1) – Restart Your Laptop
Before moving on to more technical stuff, the very first thing you are advised to do is turn off your laptop or Put on RESTART and check if your laptop gets back, see the Restarting Option is one of the best and easiest first options, put it at the back of your mind, then try each of these solutions listed here and see if one of them fix the issue.
Solution 2.2) – Turn ON Wifi on Your Laptop
Then, the next thing you want to do is, try to check and make sure that wifi is Turned ON on your laptop, you may even want to troubleshoot the system, but check first, and make sure that the Wi-Fi didn’t accidentally turn off, then your can troubleshoot the laptop.
How To Do Troubleshooting To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue
Here is the easy step to take. Follow this guide whenever you want to do it, either on windows or mac, and fix it up.
How Do you Troubleshoot On Mac To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue? :
- Go to the Apple menu in the top-left corner.
- Then click SYSTEM PREFERENCE
- Go to Network.
- You should see a Turn Wi-Fi On button
- Click it and connect to your network.
How Do You Troubleshoot On Windows Laptops To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue?:
- Withing your windows laptop, Click on the INTERNET ICON in the bottom right corner.
- Check if the Wi-Fi box is blue, which means that it’s on.
- Click on it and connect to your network.
- Check if the airplane mode is also turned off.
Solution 3.3) – Connect To The Right And Compatible Internet Wifi
Connecting to the right and compatible internet Wifi is crucial for instance, your router may have two Wi-Fi frequency bands, one labeled 2.4 GHz and the other 5 GHz. Typically, the 2.4 GHz band provides better coverage and the 5 GHz band provides faster speeds. so, check your router if the first band is not working then you can try the second one.
Solution 4.4) – Fix all The issues concerning your Router/hotspot
So, you want to make you fix all the technical problems with your Router, but how do that right?, the first thing to do is to Restart your Router to fix the counting.
Let it restart and boot up again, rebooting your router can help to fix connectivity issues by clearing out cache and refreshing connections.
How to Reboot Internet Router
To restart and reboot your internet router here is the best way to do it, follow this easy guide whenever you want to do it.
- The first thing to do is, disconnect all the cables from the route.
- And then unplug it.
- Wait at least 1 or 2 minutes, then plug it back in.
- Wait at least two minutes before trying to connect to Wi-Fi once the router is on.
- And check if the issue is fixed, removing the cables will absolutely help clear out any static in the lines, which can impact your connection.
Solution 5.5) – Reset Your Wireless Network?
Try resetting your network and see what happens, but just make sure you enter your wireless password correctly and rejoin.
How Do You Reset Your Wireless Network?
Here is the best way to do that here step by step, follow the easy guide anytime.
How to Reset Your Wireless Network On Mac
- To reset your wireless network on Mac, Click SYSTEM PREFERENCE within the Apple menu
- Then click NETWORK.
- Select Wi-Fi in the menu on the left, and click the minus button.
- So, click Apply.
- Click the plus button and select Wi-Fi on the Interface dropdown menu.
- Then click Create and click Apply.
- Find your network in the Network Name menu.
How to Reset Your Wireless Network On Windows laptops
To reset your wireless network on windows laptops:
- Click SETTING from the START down the bottom
- Go to Network & Internet
- Click the STATUS
- then NETWORK reset,
- Click Reset now.
- Your laptop will remove your network adapters, then it will restart and reinstall them.
- And check if your Wi-Fi and connect your laptop back to your network.
Solution 6.6) – Bring Your Laptop Nearer
You also want to make sure that your laptop is closer enough to the router, for instance, your laptop might not connect or might not get a strong signal it is too far away from your router or there are many walls between your laptop and the router.Model might vary though, there are some high-end laptops Models that can connect even on the underground floor, try to bring your laptop to at least 10–15 feet to your router with no brick wall, then try to connect.
Solution 7.7) – Check if The Password is Accurate
Check if that the password you are using is accurate, you should make sure to use the correct password for the network you’re trying to connect with, confirm your password when you enter each letter, number, or symbol, be precise throughout, for the Wi-Fi passwords can be long for instance, the default password that came with the network router, if that what you’re using, it little complicated some times.
Click Here To Read Related Article ====>>>>>
Solution 8.8) – Install The Compatible Software For your Laptop Model
Do you want to run your laptop for the latest and compatible software for the model? that might be the cause of the wifi connecting issue.
How Do you Install The Compatible Software To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue on Laptop?
Here are the easiest ways to do that, follow this simple guide whenever you want to do it.
Installing The Compatible Software On Mac To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue: step by step.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner after closing all open apps and joining your Wi-Fi network.
- Then, Type WIRELESS DIAGNOSTICS into the search bar, and press return.
- Follow the instructions and the program will analyze your connection, point out any issues, and provide potential solutions.
How To Install The Compatible Software On Windows To Fix Wifi Connecting Issue
- Go to START at the right down corner
- Then click SETTING
- Click on NETWORK & INTERNET
- Click the STATUS
- then click NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTER
and wait back, you’ve autopilot the program to attempt to resolve your problem automatically.
Conclusion: Why My Laptop isn’t Connecting To The Wifi, What should I Do?
- The reason why your laptop is not connecting to wifi is probably:
- The wifi is turned OFF on your device,
- your laptop not connecting because it’s in airplane mode
- Maybe your laptop does not support the wifi network you trying to connect to
- a laptop might not connect if the router/hotspot is not working
- Or if you are too far from the router.
Hope This post help you fix your laptop if you have any question comments or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.
Click Here To Read Related Article ===>>>>