Huge build-up of cache can corrupt the system and slow down your laptop performance sometimes. Other important problems include overheating, laptops freezing up or randomly shut down, in the topic, I show you how to clear cache, the temporary files, free up space, and speed up the performance of your laptop step by step.
Should I Clear Cache On My Laptop
The reason why you want to clear the cache on your laptop on an occasional basis is that it will help the system run faster, it helps free up space and boost performance. The temporary files on your system are those cache usually use by programs or operating systems.
As you browse the internet, most web page data is cached locally on your computer to help pages load faster and to reduce the amount of data transferred over your Internet connection, here are easy tips to clear those temporary files clear cache and cookies on your laptop here I show you how you can do that step by step.
Where do you find the cache?
The Temporary Files and File Explorer are normally the two types of caches situated inside your laptop memory and you should be getting rid of them on a regular basis.
The cache is the temporary storage and can be found in the Disk Cleanup program, and your File Explorer history can be cleared from the File Explorer’s options menu
When your windows operating system is filled up with this temporary file then it might not allow running smoothly.
These temporary files can also corrupt the system causing problems to the performance of your computer.
Clear cache is recommended on an occasional basis for every laptop m and most important if your system is running in small storage space and you begging to notice your laptop slowing down, freezing up, or something like that. The first thing you can do is clear the cache, here is how to do that in windows.
How to clear memory cache and boost performance on windows 10 here <<
How to clear cache On Windows 10
On this one are going to get rid of temporary files clear cache on windows laptops through the disk cleanup here.
- Go to Start, and then type in Disk Cleanup into the search bar
- Click on Disk Cleanup appears in the search results.
- And select drive C: and click OK.
- Check the box Temporary Files you want to remove from your laptop and click OK
Quick Note Here
You can also check other kinds of files that are not so important seating there occupying your laptop memory, but remember though that once the history is deleted on your laptop, it cannot be recovered so be careful.
Normally this may take some second to execute but in the end, your temporary files cache will be cleared up from your laptop and your laptop should run and perform better.
- This 2nd method you can use to clear Windows 10 cache, it snappier and easier than the latter.
- To get started you want to press WIN + R keys at the same time.
- Then a Run command should pop out downside the search bar.
- type in %Temp% on the Run bar
- And Select all the files they are all temporary files you don’t need so don’t worry, you want to make sure to delete them all.
- Then, type Prefetch in the same Run Windows again and delete all the contents.
Quick Note Here
Most of the cache and temporary files are contained in these two folders.
Windows saves all the exe and .msi files that you install for further uninstallation, If you want to delete those files to locate them in C:/windows you have to unhide hidden folders and make visible all the other parameters in the folder options.
Do this process and restart your laptop this highly effective way to free up space on dick and make your laptop perform better again.
Remember If you delete these files you won’t be able to uninstall the programs, the only 2 command you want to use is the WIN and R key at the same time.
How To Clear Cache On File Explorer
On Windows laptops, File Explorer maintains its own cache which you can clear to boost the performance of the laptop and clean up more disk space for smooth running.
This can be achieved by clicking on the file explorer icon down the bottom screen at the Task Bar in your windows laptop and that will open the window.
- Then click the VIEW tab at the top of the window.
- Go to the far right side, click Options.
- Then click on Change Folder And Search Options.
- A folder option bar will pop up On the General tab in the Privacy section, click Clear.
Delete Cache & Cookies in Microsoft Edge
You can clear up more space for your local browsing history it will help keep your browsing history private and free up disk space on your laptop
The correct procedure to delete cache and cookies, program files from a Windows 10 laptop is simple and easy here is how you can do it yourself.
How to clear memory cache and cookies in Microsoft Edge to boost performance here <<
- Delete cache and cookies in the Microsoft Edge
- Open up Microsoft Edge to get started
- Select Menu within the 3 dots icon on the top-right corner of the browser
- Then go to Settings and Privacy & services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data
- Check the box and then select Clear.
That is it, then you are good to go.
How Do I Clear RAM Cache memory on Windows 11?
It is the same with the 1st and 2nd methods above with that you be able to delete temporary files and cache files you do not need on your laptop.
To get started by simply go to the search bar and type Run
Press WIN+R command prompt to pop out the RUN bar
Then type in PREFETCH in the search bar and click Enter
Then a window will open up, so you want to make sure to delete all the files present in it by pressing Ctrl+A and then Shift+Del key this should delete all files.
Then, type in %temp% in the RUN and delete all the temporary files present in the opened folder. Restart laptop.
How to clear memory cache and boost performance on windows 11 here <<
Conclusion: Should I Clear Cache On My Laptop
Yes, you should do it on an occasional basis to keep your laptop clean and improve performance.
Hope this post helped you and If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.
Click Here To Read Related Article =======>>>>> How to I enter BIOS/CMOS>