Wondering why your laptop is having more Core instead of just a single core?, in this topic, I show why and how to improve the performance of your laptop core step by step.
Why Do Laptops Have More Core Instead of 1?
The reason why some laptops are having more core instead of single-core is dependent on the laptop model and manufacturer, other obvious reasons include: to boost the performance and also to safe power and energy cost purposes.
Dependent On the laptop Model and Processor Manufacturer
Because some laptop models and processor manufacturers are different, some are 4 Cores, some are 8 or 1. The high their characteristic the higher speed and the price though. for instance, a laptop with a single Core processor may not be good enough for multi-tasking, handling heavy professional software, editing, or gaming.
To boost up the performance Easily
Other important reasons why building multiple cores over include boosting the speed easily since laptop CPU manufacturers find it easier to add more cores than to increase the main (clock) by an equivalent amount.
The reason why is because of how semiconductor transistors work.
1 Core Laptop
With just 1 core laptop you have higher clock speeds, your laptop will generate much higher energy consumption to perform and therefore demand more power from the circuit elements.
There are many things going on at once on your laptop, so the best way to make it be as flexible as possible is to use multiple cores, instead of using a single core running very fast.
Nevertheless, in terms of speed, a laptop with 4 cores at 2.5 GHz instead of 1 core at 10 GHz will deliver better performance, run speed and respond better
The amount of power used reduces drastically with more Core, instead of 1 core, in this case, having some cores designed for Slow-Speed operation and others for high-speed operation can result in significant power savings.
Longer battery life and less noise, heat, and in addition will save you a lot of money on operating energy costs. And also the fact that most laptops sit mostly idle all of the time, more Core will definitely save you more money.
Should I increase the Core speed of my laptop?
Now, are the reasons behind more cores over faster clocks here, and yes, absolutely you can increase
your laptop core speed which is also known as ( GHz Speed ) can be done by overclocking it or wiping out the old CPU for a newer and faster processor to improve the performance.
Improve Core speed by replacing components
You increased the Core speed of your laptop easily by accessing and replacing components with newer and faster processors.
Quick Note Note here
This may be a little difficult for you to accomplish, especially if you doing it by yourself open up your laptop or mac.
How Do I Increase the Core Speed Of My Laptop?
Make an increase to the GHz to improve the processor performance by overclocking the currently installed CPU or replacing it.
Though this may depend on the laptop model you have, if you are using the right laptop make and model then, you can do it either by installing a faster CPU or overclocking it.
increase the clock speed of your laptop by upgrading the CPU
There are certain things you want to put into consideration before you proceed to do the upgrade which includes:
Things to consider before Upgrading the CPU
Here are some of them, follow these tips whenever you want to do it.
Find Out the make and model of your laptop First
The first and the obvious thing you want to do is to find out the model type and feature, find out if this can be carried out on your laptop model, these are very essential information want to first know before anything at all, you can find some important features of your laptop on a sticker on the bottom, , or you can get the info from the manual or packaging that came with the laptop, or get in touch with the manufacture website.
What is the CPU’s make and model?
- This is another important piece of info you want to find out, and you can find this out by
- Go to the “Start, and right-click “Computer” and select “Properties.”
- You should see CPU information right there.
Here is how to check your CPU core status <<
Is Your laptop CPU Upgradable?
Before doing anything at all you also want to Determine whether your laptop CPU can be upgraded.
But why do you really want to know this?
- The reason why is the fact that most laptops have CPUs that are soldered to the motherboard.
- So, that will make them impossible to swap or, at the very least, not generally worth the risk and/or expense.
- Another reason is that your laptops may already have the fastest processor that their chipset can support.
Purchase a compatible CPU Replacement
You want to make sure to purchase and install a compatible replacement for your laptop applicable, according to the disassembly instructions for your specific laptop. Alternatively.
Get in touch with the nearest technician to help you out
To have the CPU installed by a professional computer service technician is the best thing you can do if you are not a tech geeky.
How To Overclocking the CPU
The first and obvious thing to consider before overclocking your laptop is as follow
Please, remember you are doing this at your own risk, Overclocking is very likely to result in a permanently damaged or completely inoperable unit. It’s much more difficult if not impossible to replace the individual internal components of a laptop, so any damage caused by overclocking.
If you notice unusual glitches or encounter runtime errors, reset the CPU changes to their previous values.
Things to consider befo0re overclocking CPU
- First, determine whether your CPU has the capability and potential for overclocking.
- But why is that, you said?
- The reason why is the fact that many CPUs are “locked” by the manufacturer.
- So, that is to say, that the clock speed cannot be adjusted by software.
- Or and again, on some laptops, for instance, Alienware laptop models, actually come with overclocking functions already built into the BIOS.
Tips to overclocking your laptop CPU
- Depending on your preference, if you like you can install an overclocking application to do it.
- Better still, you may want to access the BIOS by restarting your laptop and pressing the setup key usually “F2,” though some laptops may use a different function key, such as “F8” or “F10,” to access the BIOS or UEFI.
- And raise the values of the CPU voltage, Core, Front Side Bus, or FSB, CPU Ratio, and/or Clock Multiplier by the smallest possible amount at a time.
- Then when you are done Save your changes by pressing the “F10” key from within the BIOS, or by applying the changes from within the overclocking application and restarting your laptop.
Quick note here
Please note that some settings, such as FSB, may also affect your laptop’s memory performance.
Test your laptop’s performance and stability by running your usual applications and or running a stress-testing application.
Hope this post help you and If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.