Wondering why your laptop speaker is quiet when in use? there are various reasons why and this can happen on any laptop, in this topic you are going to learn why and different solutions to this problem.
Why is My Laptop Speaker So Quiet
The reason why your laptop speaker is quiet might be the external devices plugged on your laptop, are you using headphones, laptop speakers, or external speakers? those may cause its silence. Other reasons might be there can be individual volume settings for each running software and apps on your laptops, or maybe you are having outdated drivers or the speakers themselves or laptop internal components responsible for the sound.
1.1) The External devices Plugged into your laptop
If you are having headphones, Bluetooth or other external speakers plugged into your laptop might cause this problem
Some you find that when unplugging headphones from a laptop, the audio from the laptop speakers gets extremely quiet, the reason is the fact that each device has its own volume, normally, so, if you switch to another device, it will reset to the last set volume.
So, that’s the case when you use headphones, laptop speakers, or external speakers.
Here is how you set up your windows laptop audio volume.
How To set the Loudness Equalization Setting on a windows laptop
Go to the bottom side of your laptop and Right-click the speaker system tray icon and select Playback devices.
- Then right-click your default speakers and select Properties to open the window.
- Select the Enhancements tab.
- Select the Loudness Equalization option.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons to close the windows
- Then check if that resolves the problem
Here are various ways to do it on windows
2.2) There can be individual volume settings for each running software and apps
You see, sometimes I enter into a situation where I ask myself (why does my gameplay so quietly on my laptop?) when playing games as a kid.
Unknown to me though what that this is happening, when I play games, try to open the volume mixer by right-clicking the speaker icon, despite the master volume being set to max, there you can see the individual volume setting for each running software try to set games to the max or try to go into the game volume settings, the game itself has a low volume.
It is obvious and sometimes is not easy to know apps, software, or programs you are using on your laptop might drive the speakers low.
Check all the settings including the laptop settings, apps, software, or any running programs on your laptop. If you’ve checked and set all the levels high in the system there’s probably a mute button in the app or another volume control.
Sometimes the extra volume control is not a very obvious or visible app or software, one application that’s like that is YouTube run from within a browser.
3.3) Maybe You Are having Outdated drivers
If the driver responsible for the audio sound is outdated might cause your laptop speaker to malfunction. Sometimes, it might be the fact that your sound card’s driver needs updating. So updating the audio card driver can resolve audio problems on your laptop.
So you always want to check and make sure that all the laptop audio driver is up to date and update your laptop drive to the latest exact model if need. Better still you may want to get in touch with your laptop manufacturer’s website to get the latest driver.
And make sure you download the exact and compatible audio drivers for your laptop model.
Here is how to update the audio driver, follow this easy guide anytime you want to do this.
How To Update the driver manually on a window laptop
Here is how to update your windows laptop video
- Go to start and open up Device Manager on your windows laptop
- Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers that should expand its pertinent devices.
- Then, right-click the listed sound card and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for this should update the driver software.
- Then, restart and reboot your laptop to see if Windows updates the driver to the latest.
How to Download the newest laptop audio driver from the manufacturer’s website on windows 10
- Go to the website of the manufacturer,( in this case you want to go to the Microsoft website)
- Once you are there, click on a Download hyperlink on the site or enter your sound card in a driver search box to find a compatible audio driver for your laptop model.
- Select to download an updated audio driver that’s compatible with your 32 or 64-bit Windows platform.
- Add the updated audio driver to Windows by opening the folder you saved it to and launching its setup wizard.
- You can then, restart and reboot your laptop to see if the problem solve.
4.4) The Speaker itself
You want to make sure lean any stone untoned here and in this case, you also want to check the speaker on your laptop and see if there is an issue with the cable or maybe it died off altogether.
You want to make sure to change the faulty ones with a new and working speaker of the same compatibility to your laptop model or contact the nearest technician to help you out.
5.5) Laptop internal components are responsible for the sound.
The laptop’s internal components like chips on the motherboard might be responsible for something, If so, the first and obvious thing you want to do is determine where the problem lies and take it to the nearest technician to help you out.
Here you get it, the reason why your laptop speaker is quiet when in use and you can solve the problem by yourself before contacting the nearest technician.
Hope this post helps you and If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.