The reason why you are having a low volume problem might be due to the software, hardware, or the settings of the volume controls themselves, especially if you are using a windows laptop. In this topic, we show you 8 different ways to solve the lower volume problem on your laptop and make your laptop louder with these easy steps. You will improve the audio volume on your window 10 Laptop by following these tips here, these tips will work without any third-party software whatsoever.
How Can I Make My laptop Volume louder?
- Check and set the third party Equalizer software on your laptop
- Check The Settings On The Laptop
- Set the default Playback Device
- Use Cortana for Running the Playing Audio Troubleshooter
- Disable and Enable the Sound Controller
- Update your laptop drivers
- Check and update windows
- Get an extra speaker for your laptop
Solution 1.1) Check and set the third party Equalizer software
- The very first and obvious thing to do is to check and in case you have gaming software that is causing this or maybe the one you use for your professional work or any other third-party software on your laptop.
- If the third-party software volume control is turned down much more than the volume of the laptop itself that might cause it mute.
- Check and make sure that the video and music playback sound is not lower than the laptop audio level. control the third-party software and look out for volume bars in multimedia software on laptops raise them up.
- Try and check if you can adjust the volume through third-party software, you also want to check all the volume control of each app, check every volume control for each software or app.
- Check to see if there are other volume controls that have overridden the laptop volume
- Chech the medial player you are using on your laptop, because, most media player software tools include their own volume settings too, so you want to make sure is up to the maximum.
- Check if the volume bar is dragged down, or maybe a program’s sound is lower than the audio configuration for your laptop default speakers.
Solution 2.2) Check The Settings On The Laptop
You want to make you that your laptop volume control is set so that the speaker volume control is at the maximum level, if your laptop has a rotary volume control system on the side or front, check and increase the level.
Check and set the loudness equalization setting on your laptop.
Solution 3.3) Set the default Playback Device
The low volume problem on your laptop sometimes might be due to the fact that you have multiple playback devices, if that is the case, you want to make sure that the one you need sound on is the actual default device set.
How to Set your default playback device
- You can set your default playback device, by right-clicking the speaker icon on the system tray and selecting Playback devices.
Then a window should open up below that lists playback devices.
Right-click the one that needs to be the default playback device and select Set as Default Device.
Then, check if that solves the problem if you can hear the increment you’ve solved the problem, if not let try this.
Solution 4.4) Use Cortana for Running the Playing Audio Troubleshooter
Windows 10 includes the Playing Audio troubleshooter that can resolve numerous volume issues. You can open that troubleshooter If you’ve increased all the volume controls and the sound is still too low to solve this problem follow these easy steps.
- Enter the keyword troubleshooter in the search box.
- Click Troubleshoot to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Select the listed Playing Audio troubleshooter and press the Run the troubleshooter button to open the window shown below.
- Then the troubleshooter might detect and fix the audio issue.
- If the troubleshooter fixes something, you might also need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
Solution 5.5 ) Disable and enable the Sound Controller
You practice this troubleshooting by disabling and enabling the sound controller system on your laptop. to do that follow this guide here:
To get started pressing the Win key + X hotkey to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Device Manager.
- Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers to expand the list of audio devices.
- Right-click your active sound controller and select Disable device.
- Press the Yes button
- Wait a few minutes, and right-click the disabled sound controller, and select Enable.
- Then restart the laptop to see the problem is solved, if no let’s try this one down below.
Solution 6.6) update your laptop drivers
Sometimes this might be because of the outdated drivers and that means that your laptop sound card’s driver needs updating, there are 3 ways to do this which I’m going to be walking you through here
Use these easy steps to update an audio driver in Windows 10 laptop manually.
How to manually update an audio driver on a windows laptop
- Go to start, Open Device Manager
- Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click the listed sound card and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software to automatically update the audio driver.
- Then you can restart your laptop to allow the window to update the drivers.
How to update your laptop driver from the manufacturer’s website
You can update your laptop drivers from the manufacturer if you like, but one thing you want to make sure to do is to download the compatible and latest drivers for the laptop model.
Here is how you do it:
- Go to the website of the manufacturer ( which is Microsoft in this case)
- Click on Download on the site or enter your sound card in a driver search box to find a compatible audio driver.
- Make sure you select and download an updated audio driver that’s compatible with your 32 or 64-bit Windows platform.
- Add the updated audio driver to Windows by opening the folder you saved it to and launching its setup wizard.
- Restart your laptop and check to see if the problem solve.
How to Update the audio driver automatically on windows 10
Another quicker and easier to update your laptop audio driver is to use third-party, dedicated software that will update and even repair problematic drivers in just a few seconds automatically and all you need to do is just a few clicks, its convenient, time saver, and even efficient to correct any errors.
Solution 7.7) Check and update windows
if your window s laptop is not outdated might cause an issue updating windows can resolve audio card compatibility issues.
- Check for updates and Select the updates option if there are any available updates.
- Click the Install now button to add new updates to the latest Windows if it is an available update.
- Click the Restart now button if a reboot is required and see if the problem is solved.
Solution 8.8) Get an extra speaker for your laptop
Lastly, sometimes it might be the fact that your laptop components like a chip, card, or other corrupting issues from the motherboard broken, so the best thing you can do is to rather get an extra external speaker get the plug to it, and enjoy your laptop or if you don’t want to take it to the nearest technician.
As you see here there are a plethora of ways to solve laptop low volume issues, however, you might need replacement if none of the above fixes work. So, you should better verify if the speakers work with other devices.
Hope this post help you and If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.